Telecommunications and publishing houses, television and film, Internet and games, advertising and communications – the Land of North Rhine-Wesphalia is a frontrunner nationwide in these as well as most of the other sectors in the media and communications industries. The following sector portraits show the location’s strength and diversity and also deliver compact information, data and facts about the companies and players.
Medianetwork.NRW supports professionals mainly in digital, innovative as well as audiovisual media industries, such as games, XR, web video, mobile and startups.
Facts and figures
- Germany’s leading media and communications hub
- over 25,000 companies, more than 446,000 employees, around 122 billion euros turnover
- internationally operating media and telecommunications companies
- Bertelsmann, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone
- strong newspaper and book publishing sector
- Cologne: German TV capital No. 1
- leading TV broadcasters WDR, RTL, Vox, Super RTL, n-tv, Phoenix, QVC
- one-third of domestic television programming produced here
- Germany’s leading TV producers
- highly professional service providers and studios
- lively and creative film scene
- one of Germany‘s financially strongest regional film funders
- booming games cluster, strong web video scene
- Düsseldorf – advertising hub with the highest turnover and mobile capital
- excellent universities
More on the Media Region NRW in the location brochure, published by Film- und Medienstiftung NRW.
Tel: +49 211-930 50 305
Head of Communications